Summer Teen Library Volunteer Program Information
Looking for a volunteer opportunity? Our Summer Teen Library Volunteer Program is perfect for those who need volunteer hours for school/church/scouts, want to build up your community service experiences for college applications, or just love being in the library!
Students entering grades 7-12 in the 2018-19 school year may apply for a volunteer position. Please download the Teen Volunteer Paperwork 2018 for detailed information about the volunteer program. Applications are due by Wednesday, May 30, 2018.
Paper applications may be turned in at the Circulation Desk any time the library is open.
Online applications are also available. Online applicants must also print out the Teen Volunteer Permission Form for Online Applicants 2018, and return it to the library by Monday, June 4, 2018.
All applicants are required to attend a brief interview on Monday, June 4th. This interview may be individual or small group. Please register for a time slot.
Questions? Contact Youth Services Director Lisa Underwood (email@example.com).
June 11 – August 18, 2018
The Teen Reads summer program is available to East Penn School District students entering grades 6-12 in the 2018-19 school year. Prizes are raffled for each week of the program. It’s easy to get started:
- Register—either online or by filling out a registration card in the library.
- Read—Start reading. Any books, ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, etc. count!
- Enter—From June 11th to August 18th, record your book titles either online or on a raffle ticket in the library.
- Attend—Get a raffle entry for attending teen library programs.
- Volunteer—Become a Summer Teen Volunteer and earn bonus raffle entries.
Please note – online registration will open approximately one week before the summer reading start date. Teen Reads Raffle Tickets submitted before June 11th will not be entered into the weekly raffle.
We have a variety of materials, programs, and resources for all your interests.
Whether reading for fun or school assignment, we’ve got you covered.
- Need to study for the SATs or an AP test? Use BrainFuse:HelpNow for live online tutoring for middle school, high school, and intro college. In addition to live tutoring, HelpNow features a Learning Suite, Writing Lab, and practice tests for SAT, ACT, GED and more!
- Need help passing that driver’s test? Then check out Driving-tests.org. LML has partnered with Driving-Tests.org to offer free online test prep for students preparing for their PA driving tests! Choose from several different permit tests, written specifically based on the state DMV materials. No library card number or personal information is needed!