Last week we looked at some very interesting book covers so this week we’ll look at another part of a book’s cover, the famous “author pictures.” Whether these range from the glamorous to the awkward, they definitely get people talking about their books! Flavorwire has broken down these pictures into 5 of the most common tropes:
- The Sophisticated Photograph (aka “The My-head-is-so-weighted-down-by-great-thoughts-it-requires-additional-support”)
- The Office Photograph (aka “The Oh-I-didn’t-hear-you-enter-please-come-in-it’s-really-no-problem”)
- The Comfortable Photograph (aka “The Torso-twist-with-arm-resting-on-back-of-couch”)
- The Smoker Photograph (aka “The You-can’t-be-bad-ass-by-doing-what’s-good-for-you-and-your-children”)
- The Hand-To-Face Photograph (aka “The Face-alone-is-boring-and-therefore-not-enough”)
Perhaps the most well-known author for their author pictures is Danielle Steel, the bestselling author of all time. Check out some of her most “iconic” pictures here!